ONE Mail is an encrypted email service that lets registered health care professionals share patient information quickly, confidently and securely. ONE Mail is being used by pharmacies, hospitals, community care access centres, long term care facilities, addiction and mental health clinics and the broader community care sector across Ontario.
ONE Mail Partnered
ONE Mail Partnered Allows subscribers to use their existing email system to exchange email messages with other health care professionals.
ONE Mail Direct
A comprehensive email service hosted in our highly secure environment for eligible health care organizations requiring e-mail accounts.
Benefits of ONE Mail
- Secure email exchange of personal health information
- A searchable directory of all other ONE Mail users
- Built-in anti-virus and anti-spam filters
- Automatic encryption of email communications
- Reliable, scalable, highly available service
- Policies and processes in place to ensure only authorized people can access ONE Mail
- ONE mail users go through a rigorous identification process (assurance that contacts are who they say they are)
- Free implementation to Ontario health care providers
- Assistance with installation and set-up
- Training documentation provided to guide end users in the secure use of ONE Mail
Sign Up For ONE Mail
ONE Mail is being used by pharmacies, hospitals, community care access centres, long term care facilities, addiction and mental health clinics and the broader community care sector across Ontario.
In addition to the safeguards which apply to all eHealth Ontario products and services, ONE Mail has the following additional safeguards:
- Acceptable use policy enforced for all users
- Security awareness and training materials provided to ONE Mail Partnered and ONE Mail Direct users
- Automatic encryption of all email exchanged between ONE Mail users
- Comprehensive anti-spam and anti-virus controls
- No deleted or dropped ONE Mail messages, except in rare situations where the security or functionality of the ONE Mail service is threatened (e.g., if a virus cannot be removed from a message). If an email is deleted, the sender will be notified.
- Enhanced security for mobile devices includes passwords, automatic time-outs, and remote wiping for lost or stolen equipment