ConnectingOntario brings together local, regional and provincial assets in different parts of the province — connecting them to improve patient care.
The program revolves around three major regional partners in the Greater Toronto Area, South West, and Northern and Eastern Ontario, as well as vendors and stakeholders, working together to deliver electronic health records for every patient in this province.
Ultimately, ConnectingOntario will enable province-wide information sharing by linking the regions so clinicians, whether in a doctor’s office, community clinic or hospital can receive electronic access to patients’ personal health information anywhere, anytime.
- Your health care team can make more informed decisions about your care
- Reduces uneccessary tests and procedures
- Puts information into the hands of the people who need is so you can experience better coordinated care between different members of your care team including your family doctor, hospital and community care access centre
- Enables faster and more informed clinical decision-making
- Improves efficiency of clinical decision-making
- Allows more time for patient care by reducing the amount of time spent on administrative tasks
- Improves the ability to better manage, coordinate and plan care
- Increases the ability to monitor patient outcomes
Health System Benefits
- Delivering information to the right people at the right time enhances patient / provider experiences
- Reduces administrative costs and improves resource allocation through increase efficiencies
- Enhances health system planning, decision support and performance management
- Reduces wait times across the continuum of care
Greater Toronto Area
The program will make it easier for patients and their caregivers to move through the continuum of care in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Northern and Eastern Region
The program is working closely with Local Health Integration Networks and stakeholders in northern and eastern Ontario.